When 3M returns from Iraq we will be PCS'ing. Since we found out that we would quickly be departing after his return and we know that the real estate market here is terrible we agreed to put the house up for sale when 3M comes home on leave at the beginning of July. We both talked about this decision and the only concern he and I had was about the price we would be able to sell at because of the terrible market.
Today I began my "get the house ready to sell" cleaning. I took a break from the cleaning so LM and I could go to Gymboree and on the way home I had a mini-meltdown.
I realized that I don't want to put the house on the market when 3M comes home on leave. I am afraid that the house will sell and if heaven-forbid anything should happen to him I won't have our home. I won't have the place where we started our life as husband and wife. The home we painted, tiled, decorated and furnished. The place where we started our family. The place where I cried on the floor when I found out he was leaving. The place where he came home to and told me about his day.
This home is part of our family and I have never been happier in any place. I can't help but feeling that I need to hold onto it if the unimaginable occurs. I can not bear the thought of not having this house if something happens. Is this rational?
I know that choosing whether or not to put the house up for sale is a huge deal. The market here is slow; houses are sitting for longer periods of time. Yet, I can't help but feel like if we put it on the market in July it will sell quickly but if we wait it won't sell for quite sometime. Keeping the house will not kill us; it will significantly lower our spending ability; we could swing it but it definitely is not preferable.
I don't know what to do. All I do know is that right now the thought of not having our home is really upsetting me.
Do you have any advice, dear Internet?