28 May 2007

due date times 365

I was due May 28, 2006. 3M and I spent the day at the beach and then went out for dinner. LM did not believe that this was to be his birthday and alas it was not.

I am amazed that it has been 365 days since that day. It seems like just yesterday and like a million years ago all at the same time. I wonder if that is how I will feel next May 28th? Will I be sitting in our new home getting ready for a picnic or a trip to the beach? Will things be back to normal? Will we once again be a happy and complete family?

3M's deployment is 365 days. A year, just like this one. Will we look back on this deployment year and think "wow, do you remember how fast the time passed" or will it forever be the longest year of my life?

I don't know the answers to these questions. I suppose I will have to wait another 365 days until I can be sure.

**************************************************************************************
To all of those people who have lost loved ones in the fight for our freedom I say thank-you. Thank you for your sacrifice and thank you for loving those brave man and women. They and you are truly my heroes!!

No comments: